No. As long as you use it correctly, a magnetic knife holder will not damage your knives. Simply make sure that when you remove a knife that you don’t apply pressure on the blade.
When choosing a magnetic knife bar, the most important thing is the strength of the magnets. You don’t want your knives sliding off the bar. HMmagnet’s magnetic knife strips are one of the strongest ones available online.
You can place your magnetic knife holder in many places:
- On your kitchen wall/tiles.
- On the side of your fridge
- Above the stove
- On the side of your cabinet
- On any metal surface
Yes. You can hang a magnetic knife holder vertically. However, if you are placing heavy things on it, such as knives, it is recommended to mount it horizontally for safety reasons.
Yes. The holes will become a breeding ground for bacteria. It’s recommended to clean your knife block once a month. It is even more recommended to get rid of it and to get a magnetic knife holder instead.
You have 2 options:
- Use the double-sided magnetic knife bar and attach it to your fridge.
- Mount your knife holder by drilling:
- Use the stencil to mark the holes.
- Drill 2 holes. Start with one hole first and then the second one. This will ensure they are marked properly.
- Insert the anchors and screws (make sure only the screw head is out).
- Place the bar over the screws.
Yes. You have 2 options:
- Use a double-sided fridge applicable knife holder and simply place it on the side of your fridge.
- Use strong double-sided tape. Make sure you place vertical strips on the entire back side of your bar (less recommended method).
Yes. However, you will need a knife holder with very strong magnetic pull force.
Yes, definitely. As long as the utensil has enough flat surface in contact with the bar.
If they have enough surface area in contact with the bar, then the answer is yes.
While it might hold them, it is not recommended. You should use a magnetic tool holder specifically designed to hold heavy tools.